Pssst. We need your support!
CharacterPop survives on your patronage. Help support the site and gain access to extra features when you upgrade your account.
呢 is an 8 stroke, simplified and traditional Chinese character and is pronounced as ne in the fifth tone, however it can also be pronounced as ní.
It is made up of the components 口 (opening) and 尼 ((phonetic)).
The question I ask, is about Buddhist nun having mouths.
How about we open the mouth of the corpse with a spoon?
The real question is, is a buddhist nun's mouth clean? - since that still equals abstinence.
You can use a mouth and a knee ("ní") to ask N.E. question.
A bald man opens his corpse by using a spoon. :)) wait what, that's so weird...
You need to log in to write a story for 呢
We found 2 pronunciations for 呢
Definitions for 呢 pronounced as ní
- woolen material
Definitions for 呢 pronounced as ne
- particle indicating that a previously asked question is to be applied to the preceding word ("What about ...?", "And ...?")
- particle for inquiring about location ("Where is ...?")
- particle signaling a pause, to emphasize the preceding words and allow the listener time to take them on board ("ok?", "are you with me?")
- (at the end of a declarative sentence) particle indicating continuation of a state or action
- particle indicating strong affirmation
The most common words for 呢 — see all
- woolen cloth
- (onom.) twittering of birds
- comes at the end of the sentence to indicate a strong degree
Collections which contain 呢 — see all
UOM Chinese 1
by 8660 ※ 32 characters
HSK1 part 1
by monicadepaul ※ 162 characters
Book 2 part 1
by Junon ※ 168 characters
Genshin Impact Act 1 Vocabulary
by Poluo ※ 748 characters
by Joeyjoefro ※ 68 characters