You need to log in to write a story for 阿
Definitions for 阿 pronounced as ā
- abbr. for Afghanistan 阿富汗[A1 fu4 han4]
- prefix used before monosyllabic names, kinship terms etc to indicate familiarity
- used in transliteration
- also pr. [a4]
Definitions for 阿 pronounced as ē
- maternal aunt
- childcare worker
- woman of similar age to one's parents (term of address used by child)
- Amitabha Buddha
- the Buddha of the Western paradise
- may the lord Buddha preserve us!
- merciful Buddha!
- amen (loanword)